UNESCO Chairs in Germany
More than 700 UNESCO Chairs in more than 116 countries currently cooperate to implement UNESCO's goals in science and education. They all provide excellent research and teaching in regard to UNESCO's mandate.
The principles of their work include international cooperation, particularly North-South and North-South-South, and the promotion of intercultural dialogue. UNESCO Chairs contribute to a more balanced development, dissemination and use of knowledge worldwide.
- UNESCO Chair of Cultural Education – Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair: Prof. Dr. Eckart Liebau
- UNESCO Chair of Cultural Policy for the Arts in Development Processes – University of Hildesheim, Chair: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schneider
- UNESCO Chair of Entrepreneurship and Intercultural Management – Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Chair: Prof. Dr. Christine Volkmann
- UNESCO Chair for Freedom of Communication and Information – University of Hamburg and Hans-Bredow-Institute for Media Research, Chair: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulz
- UNESCO Chair for the Study of the Material and Intangible Heritage – Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus-Senftenberg, Chair: Prof. Dr. Anna Amelina
- UNESCO Chair of Higher Education for Sustainable Development – University of Lüneburg, Chair: Prof. Dr. Gerd Michelsen
- UNESCO Chair for Hydrological Change and Water Resources Management – Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen, Chair: Prof. Dr. Heribert Nacken
- UNESCO Chair for International Relations – Technical University of Dresden, Chair: Prof. Dr. Dr. Sabine von Schorlemer
- UNESCO Chair on Integrated Marine Sciences – Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Chair: Prof. Dr. Karl Stattegger
- UNESCO Chair of Transcultural Music Research, Joint Institute for Musicology of the Liszt School of Music Weimar and the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Chair: Prof. Dr. Tiago de Oliveira Pinto
- UNESCO Chair for Earth Observation and Geo-communication of World Heritage Sites and Biosphere Reserves – Heidelberg University of Education, Chair: Prof. Dr. Alexander Siegmund
- UNESCO Chair on Global Understanding of Sustainability - Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Chair: Prof. Dr. Benno Werlen