Action Plan 2013 to 2016
Diversity. Cooperation. Action. Action Plan 2013 to 2016. Recommendations for Action from Civil Society for the Implementation in and by Germany of the UNESCO Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions. Bonn: German Commission for UNESCO, 2013.
On the occasion of the World Day of Cultural Diversity 2013 the German Commission for UNESCO has published an action plan ‘Diversity. Cooperation. Action’ for the further implementation of the Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions in and through Germany during the period of 2013 to 2016. This roadmap proposes recommendations for action from a civil society perspective – based on the evaluation of the first periodic report. The action plan has been drafted and consulted during a one-year process through the German Federal Coalition for Cultural Diversity, the Programme Committee for Culture of the German Commission for UNESCO and the Advisory Committee of the German National Point of Contact for the 2005 Convention. It provides impetus for a more effective cooperation of those responsible of the Convention’s implementation regarding the ten following aspects:
- International Cooperation and the Strategic Contribution of Culture to Development
- Intensifying the European Debate
- The Role of Public Service Broadcasters and Media in Protecting and Promoting the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- Preferential Treatment for Artists and Cultural Professionals and Practitioners from Developing Countries
- Mobility of Artists
- Culture and Sustainable Development Strategies
- Digital Diversity– How can it work?
- Evaluate and Continue the Kaleidoscope of Relevant Practice
- Impact Monitoring – Data and Facts
- German Contribution to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity