The interdisciplinary capacity building programme "Cultural Diversity 2030" was initiated by the German Commission for UNESCO in 2007 as part of the German EU Council presidency (more). The U40-process offers young experts Under 40ies – postgraduates, PhD students, young professionals, and similarly qualified young experts – the opportunity to participate in the international debate on Cultural Diversity and the implementation of the UNESCO Convention on the Protection and the Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions(2005). The next stage of this U40-process aims at including future decision makers into the debate.
50 young specialists from all world regions with proven competence and interest in the area of the relevant aspects of the Convention on the Diversity of Cultural Expressions are participating in the programme. Relevant areas are
- Diversity of Cultural Expressions and Sustainable Development
- Implementation of the Convention through and within the European Community
- Public awareness raising: Communication strategies for the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
Dates and venues
- September 19th – 20th 2008: constitutive workshop in Barcelona, Spain
- October 2008 – June 2009: preparation of the U40-World Forum
- 12th - 18th June 2009: U40-World Forum on the occasion of the Second Conference of the Parties, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- July 2009 – Autumn 2010: evaluating the World Forum, preparing the final workshop
- 21st - 24th October 2010: International U40-Fellow meeting, Istanbul, Turkey
Working language: English
Project progress and results will be regularly communicated throught this website.